If you are looking for tips on how to grow mushrooms indoors then you have come to the right place. Here we are going to give you the main steps that you have to take in order to grow mushrooms on your own. You do not have to worry about anything because they are easy to care and they grow in about 6 to 8 weeks. Mushrooms are very good for you health and you can use them in so many dishes.
- When you grow mushrooms you have to find a cool and dark spec to store them because they do not develop in the sun like most vegetables do. You can place the containers in the basement or in a closet you do not use.
- You can buy spoor or spawns of mushrooms from your local garden center or from a catalog. When you buy them it might be a good idea to buy some containers too because you will need something to put them in.
- Mushrooms need humidity which is why you need to create it if you do not have it. It would help if you place a pan of water and place it near the mushroom containers.
- You should also buy a thermometer for your mushrooms because they need to have a certain temperature in order to develop. The perfect temperature for the plants needs to be about 70 degrees F until they start to come out of the ground. Once the do this you have to set the temperature between 55 and 60 degrees F.
- You should check the temperature and the level of moisture from time to time just to make sure that they are where they need to be. The area where you store them must be damp or they will not develop.
- Make sure that when you buy the mushroom spoors that they are safe and that you can eat them. There are some types of mushrooms which are dangerous for you which is why you have to be careful what you grow.
- Make sure that you keep the mushrooms away from pets and children because they can get hurt.
If you wanted to know how to grow mushrooms indoors now you know how. As you may have noticed, is not hard at all, you just have to make sure that the vital needs are fulfilled.