Not many people know how to grow spinach indoors and that is because they think that it takes a lot of space and needs a lot of attention. This could not be more false, spinach is very easy to grow indoors and it takes up little space. You can grow them in pots and have them all year. Because this vegetable is grown indoors you can have it all year round. It is very healthy for your body and gives the food a special taste.
- Take each pot and place a screening on the bottom. The screening will prevent the soil from leaking in the drainage.
- After doing this fill the pots with soil. The soil that you put in there must be of high quality and it should have a time released fertilizer.
- For small pots you should add only two seeds in the pot at ½ inch in depth, if you have big pots you should sow more.
- Keep the soil moist for 10 days after you have planted the seeds. Water them every day so that the seeds can germinate faster.
- The temperature in the room where you plant your spinach must be between 75 and 85 degrees F and between 60 to 75 degrees F during the night.
- During the day the pot must be placed in a spot where there is bright light. The ideal place would be at a window where you have sunlight the entire day.
- Water the plant in order to keep the soil moist. If the soil is moist the leaves will stay green and healthy.
- Harvest the spinach as soon as it is big enough to eat. Just cut the spinach leafs and cook them. If you do not want to cook it all it is best that you do not cut it because it will resist better in the soil that in the refrigerator.
This is how to grow spinach indoors an,d as you can see, it is not hard at all. Spinach is very healthy and tasty. There are a lot of dishes that you can make with spinach not to mention a great number of drinks and salads. If you want to eat healthy, you should cultivate this vegetable at home. It is better if you grow your own because it is chemical free, a thing which we can not say about the one you buy from the supermarket.